Microsoft started rolling out its much awaited Anniversary Update on 2nd of August, 2016. Version 1607 is third feature update release based on the feedback from users across the globe. It packs tons of improvements and features enhancing user experience on Windows 10. It was free to upgrade your OS to windows 10 till 29th July, 2016, However there’s a loophole allowing users to upgrade for free even now. All you need is a valid Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 Serial key. It might be the case that Microsoft is letting users to do so, to boost the number of Windows 10 users.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update includes:
- Windows Ink- Devices with Pen input can take advantage of this feature, which lets you quickly and easily take notes, sketch on a screenshot or draw out an idea. Smart sticky notes can help you remember common tasks like reminding you of flight times or offering you directions using Maps.
- Improved security with Windows Defender.
- Windows Hello now supports apps and websites.
- Power efficient Microsoft Edge browser with Extension support.
- Improved Cortana experience- Cortana can be used even when device is locked. You can play your music, ask questions, or perform simple tasks without unlocking your device.
- Skype preview has been redesigned for windows 10, which comes pre-installed with Anniversary Update.
- Bash on Ubuntu on Windows – Now you can run native Bash and GNU/Linux command-line tools directly on the new Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update is so far the most reliable update yet and consumes comparatively less power as it comes with tons of fixes and over 150 improvements in battery life functionality.
You can check the full list of features here.
Update rolls out in stages, which means that newer devices get it first. If you can’t wait, head on to the Settings – Update and Recovery – check for updates and you are good to go. If you are not receiving the update even after following these steps, then download “Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO” and perform a clean install using Media creation tool.